Monday, August 25, 2008

Thanks for telling ME

I just found out “he” isn’t performing my surgery. He is having an “assistant” there. But the “assistant” is doing the surgery. Which is ok with me I guess. When I visited the doctor last week, I wondered how he’d do with surgery because his fingers, although not bent, seemed swollen with arthritis. However, I’m not happy that he didn’t even attempt to mention to me that he wouldn’t do the surgery. I found out from the pre-surgical admitting nurse! Ya know, I wasn't fond of him 22 years ago, and now I remember why. And the comment while discussing accidently slicing the kidney tube thing or intestine followed by "knock on wood" didn't help me feel any more comfortable.

Hopefully, the assistant who isn't assisting but preforming does a good job.

No comments: